Dairy Queen Franchise For Sale - Fast-Food Restaurant
Dairy Queen Franchise Opportunities
Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve ice cream and fast-food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. International Dairy Queen, Inc., also owns Orange Julius and Karmelkorn. The company's corporate offices are located in the Minneapolis suburb of Edina, Minnesota. As of the end of 2014, Dairy Queen had more than 6,400 stores in 27 countries, including more than 1,400 locations outside the United States and Canada.
How to open a Dairy Queen franchise?
- Ensure you have adequate capitalization.
In order to open a Dairy Queen franchise, you must have a net worth of more than $1,083,000.
- Appreciate the investment required for a restaurant franchise.
You will need to consider building and real estate costs, the cost of equipment and signs, the costs of licenses and permits, the cost of uniforms, the cost of insurance, etc.
- Evaluate your prior experience and strengths.
You should thoroughly evaluate your prior business experience before applying to become a Dairy Queen franchise owner.
- Assess market availability.
You will want to look at the market availability for Dairy Queen franchises and see if there are available markets in your location of interest before proceeding with the franchising application.
- Submit your application.
When you’re ready to pursue a DQ® franchise, reach out to Dairy Queen franchise team and they will send you an official application. They may also send you additional information regarding the qualification process.
- Receive approval & opening your Dairy Queen franchise.
You will receive franchise approval once your financial and background checks are completed. Approval will only be given to candidates who meet all the requirements of franchise owners.
Request Free Info
How much does Dairy Queen franchise cost?
Dairy Queen has the franchise fee of up to $35,000, with total initial investment range of $1,083,525 to $1,850,425.
Initial investments: $1,083,525 - $1,850,425
Net-worth Requirement: $750,000
Liquid Cash Requirement: $400,000
Initial Franchise Fee: $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Ad Royalty Fee: $5-6%
Are you interested in starting Dairy Queen Franchise in the USA, Canada, the UK, Vietnam, Malaysia, India, Mexico, Brazil or another country?
We provide estimated franchise costs for some countries:
- In the United States, the total investment to start the Dairy Queen restaurant is around $1,083,525 to $1,850,425.
- In Canadian currency, the investment comes around CAD 1,372,130 to CAD 2,343,300.
- In currency of the United Kingdom, the investment comes around £776,500 to £1,326,100.
- In Vietnamese currency, the investment comes around VND 24,940 million to VND 42,590 million.
- In Malaysian currency, the investment comes around MYR 4,39 million to MYR 7,50 million.
- In Indian currency, the investment comes around Rs 8,02 crores to Rs 13,69 crores.
- In Mexican currency, the investment comes around Peso 22,69 million to Peso 38,75 million.
- In Brazilian currency, the investment comes around Real 6,03 million to Real 10,30 million.
On-The-Job Training: 376 hours
Classroom Training: 32 hours
Additional Training: At existing DQ store
Number of Employees Required to Run: 20 - 100
Absentee Ownership Allowed
Dairy Queen Franchise Info: www.dairyqueenfranchising.com
Request Free Info
Starting investments from:$1,083,525
- Company foundation year1940
- Year of launching the franchise1944
- Franchise enterprises (2017):6,864
- Corporate Address:7505 Metro Blvd. Minneapolis, MN 55439-02863