Franchise opportunities in South Africa
Popular franchise directions in South Africa
Attractiveness of South Africa for the development of franchise business
The Republic of South Africa is a developed country located in the South of the African continent. The majority of the population of the country (more than 53% and this number is growing) are city dwellers and the largest cities are Johannesburg (7.86 mln), Cape Town (4 mln), Durban (3.44 mln), Soweto (1.69 mln), Pretoria (1.62 mln), Port Elizabeth (1.15 mln), and Pietermaritzburg (750,845).
Although the country is considered a developed one, there is a number of hindrances to its sustainable development, which include a wide gap between the white minority (which makes up 15 % of the population) and the remaining population of the country, the high level of unemployment, imperfect legal regulation of the business sphere.
As the economic leader on the continent, South Africa opens a wide horizon of opportunities. The franchise sector makes up for 11.6% of the national GDP. More than 750 franchise companies operate actively in the country, thus resulting in more than 35,000 franchise outlets. The estimated annual turnover is over $35 billion.
The franchise market is well-developed, still more than 30% of it is made up by food franchises. Another interesting fact is that over 40% of all the franchises are located in the province of Gauteng, which is the economic heart of the country.
There are high investment business opportunities, as well as cheap franchises in South Africa presented for review, the choice is yours.
Trends and Facts About Franchises
- South Africa is a competitive and profitable market, so franchise prospects are numerous.
- The investment required for franchise opportunities in South Africa varies, every entrepreneur can find something for their budget.
- The South African market is a fast-developing one, there are new opportunities appearing regularly.
- Franchising is considered as one of the most convenient and safe business relationships.
- Different kinds of ownership are offered to franchisees, including semi-absentee and absentee.
- Franchises are easier and less costly to set up in comparison with an independent establishment.
- Fast food segment takes up the biggest part of franchises in South Africa.
- Franchisors allow entrepreneurs to focus on managing a franchise while providing all kinds of assistance and comprehensive training.
How to find the best franchise opportunity in South Africa
In order to find the best possible franchise option for you, it is better to turn to professionals and use credible sources. Here, at Top franchise.com, you can find a list of franchises available for acquiring. You can send an enquiry to learn more about the opportunity. Explore your possibilities, and learn everything about the franchise that caught your attention. Thus, you will have all information to make an informed decision regarding the purchase. It is best to buy a branded unit that you know everything about, so you are prepared for its management and operation.
Official representative of Topfranchise in South Africa
+1 484 414 5197
Indicators of Business Market in South Africa
Currency: South African rand
Education Index (2013): 0.695
Official languages: 11 languages
Per capita GDP (PPP): $13,321
Quality-of-life index (0-10): 5.89
Population: 55.91 mln
Total GDP (PPP): $742.461 billion
Ease of Doing Business Ranking, Rank: 82
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.666