Mathnasium Franchise For Sale
Mathnasium Franchise Opportunities
Mathnasium (also Mathnasium Learning Center) is an education brand and supplemental learning franchise consisting of over 900 learning centers in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia that provides instruction in mathematics to students in pre-kindergarten through high school. The curriculum employs the Mathnasium Method, a proprietary system that was developed over 35 years by co-founder Lawrence Martinek.
How to open a Mathnasium tutoring business franchise?
- Ensure you have adequate capitalization.
In order to open a Mathnasium franchise, you must have a net worth of more than $149,000.
- Appreciate the investment required for a learning center franchise.
You will need to consider building and real estate costs, the cost of equipment and signs, the costs of licenses and permits, the cost of uniforms, the cost of insurance, etc.
- Evaluate your prior experience and strengths.
You should thoroughly evaluate your prior business experience before applying to become a Mathnasium franchise owner.
- Assess market availability.
You will want to look at the market availability for Mathnasium franchises and see if there are available markets in your location of interest before proceeding with the franchising application.
- Submit your application.
Your application will be reviewed by the Mathnasium franchise team. You will be emailed a confirmation receipt upon reception of your online application, where we will additionally provide the contact details of the franchise owner.
- Receive approval & opening your Mathnasium franchise.
You will receive franchise approval once your financial and background checks are completed. Approval will only be given to candidates who meet all the requirements of franchise owners. During validation, you will be given the opportunity to speak with Mathnasium franchisees about what it’s like to own and operate your own Mathnasium Learning Center, why they chose a math tutoring business, and why they became Mathnasium franchisees.
Request Free Info
How much does Mathnasium franchise cost?
Mathnasium has the franchise fee of up to $49,000, with total initial investment range of $112,750 - $149,110.
Initial investments: $112,750 - $149,110
Net-worth Requirement: $149,110
Liquid Cash Requirement: $112,750
Estimated Initial Investment
|Type Of Expenditure||Low||High|
|Initial Franchise Fee (for first center)||$49,000||$49,000|
|Expenses While Training||$3,500||$4,000|
|Base Royalty Fee (per month)||$0||$500|
|Technology Fee (per month)||$0||$110|
|Rent (1st and Last Month's Rent)||$6,000||$14,000|
|Paint, Carpet and Tenant Improvements||$2,500||$10,000|
|Furniture, Signs, Equipment and Supplies||$10,000||$15,000|
|Business License, Name Registration||$250||$1,000|
|Professional Services (Legal and/or Accounting)||$1,500||$2,000|
|Phone and Utilities||$500||$1,000|
|Video Surveillance and Related Equipment||$1,500||$5,000|
|Additional Funds (4 Months)||$32,000||$44,000|
* The data in table above, compiled from the Mathnasium FDD (Franchise Disclosure Document) 2021, represent the estimated financial range for the initial setting up and first 4 months of operation for a new Mathnasium learning center.
Initial Franchise Fee: $49,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 10%+
Ad Royalty Fee: 2%+
|Type Of Fee||Amount|
|Monthly Royalty||Initially, 10% of the monthly gross receipts from all sources as a result of operating the center, plus a base royalty fee of $500 per month (payable on the first center only). Beginning in the 24th month of operation of the center, the base royalty fee plus the greater of (i) the 10% monthly royalty or (ii) $1,500.|
|Monthly Marketing Fees||$250 plus 2% of monthly gross receipts from all sources as a result of operating the center.|
|Technology License Fee||Currently $110 per month, subject to increase.|
|Additional Technology Fee||Currently $45 per month per center, subject to increase.|
|Annual Convention Fee||Currently $225 per franchisee.|
|Administrative Fee for Late Payment||$100 every two weeks until payment is made.|
|Administrative Fee for Late Submission of Reports||$100 every two weeks until reports submitted.|
|Non-Compliance Fine||$300 per month for each non-complying incident.|
|Returned Check Service Charge||$60 per check returned by bank for non-sufficient funds.|
|Shipping costs||Actual cost of shipping only.|
|Payments for "Chargeable Items" Purchased from Mathnasium||Prices determined by Mathnasium.|
|Initial Training Tuition for Additional Trainees||$750 per day per person.|
|Additional Marketing Assessment||Pro rata amount to cover special advertising program.|
|Local or Regional Cooperative Advertising||As determined by cooperative. All money spent on cooperative advertising will be a credit against the local advertising requirement.|
|Reimbursement of Taxes||Amount of taxes assessed against Mathnasium due to the operation of the franchisee’s center.|
On-The-Job Training: 37 hours
Classroom Training: 88 hours
Additional Training: Ongoing training
Number of Employees Required to Run: 5 - 15
Mathnasium Franchise Owner Testimonials:
Are you interested in starting Mathnasium learning center in the USA, Brazil, Vietnam, India, the UK, Indonesia, Malaysia, or another country?
We provide estimated franchise costs for some countries:
- In the United States, the total investment to start the Mathnasium franchise is around $112,750 to $149,110
- In Brazilian currency, the investment comes around Real 588,400 - 778,100
- In Vietnamese currency, the investment comes around VND 2598 million to VND 3436 million
- In Indian currency, the investment comes around Rs 0,82 crores to Rs 1,09 crores
- In currency of the United Kingdom, the investment comes around British pound sterling 79,500 to 105,100
- In Indonesian currency, the investment comes around Rp 1,606 million to Rp 2,124 million
- In Malaysian currency, the investment comes around Ringgit 465,500 to Ringgit 615,600
Mathnasium Franchise Info: https://www.mathnasium.com/franchise
Request Free Info
- Starting investments from:$112,750
- Company type:Education center
- Company foundation year:2002
- Year of launching the franchise2003
- Franchise enterprises:924
- Corporate Address:5120 W. Goldleaf Cir., #400 Los Angeles, CA 90056, USA